January 3, 2014

My Resolution

2014 will be a year of truly growing up as I prepare for my wedding and refocus my priorities to spend more time getting to know the people I care about. As part of this process, my resolution for the year will be to minimize my spending on expendable clothing and transient pieces for my wardrobe. Partly because weddings don't come cheap in the DC area, and partly because I've grown frustrated with my overflowing closet filled with items I've only worn a handful of times. 

As part of this theme, I'll be focusing on maximizing my existing closet and trying to showcase creative ways of recycling my wardrobe. I'll also raise tips and share lessons learned on how to maintain quality and the importance of having good foundations and basics. Readers' advice and tricks will also be greatly appreciated!


To start the year right and going along with my new blog theme, here's an office-friendly look I would wear. Because my workplace errs on the conservative side, I tend to choose more colorful accent items, like skirts and pants, while keeping the rest of my outfit clean and sharp. 

jacket, belt, and skirt | j.crew
shirt | madewell
heels | zara
necklace | neiman marcus


Accessories are also a great way to spice up an outfit, and I have an entire collection of belts in assorted colors and textures to break up the top and bottom half of my look. A few statement necklaces are great to keep around and I consistently love J.Crew's because of their designs and varied price points; plus, there are almost always excellent options on sale. 




Have a great start of 2014! xx, A

6 comments:

  1. very cute

    x
    Saba
    http://itsmysash.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a classy outfit and it's so work appropriate! you look amazing in pencil skirt and court heels! <3

    Check out my blogpost on New Year and Print-Clashing trend :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, awesome skirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pumps! :*

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG! http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete